The ancient divination tool, Tarot Cards, offer a window into soul’s calling and open unknown gateways into the world of spiritual messaging and guidance. The iconography of the mystic merged with the symbols, signs and allegory of the historical events makes this form both intriguing and exciting. Juxtaposed to many adjectives like the occult, black magic, sham or devilish, the tarot card technique has passed the test of time with flying colors and offers real response to present situations of the questioners. The uninitiated might undermine the potency of these cards, but only to the mystics who relate to the profound gift of the cards can explain the kind of blessing this tool is and will be.
With so much of confusion revolving around the cards, one might consider if they are related to meditation? Many believe that Tarot cards were created to support meditation and spiritual practices while others believe that they are originated to solve the purpose of entertainment. Whatever the case maybe, as a Tarot Card reader, I believe in the true potency of the cards and hereby bring a few meditation techniques that will help you in overcoming the obstacle of reading Tarot as well as solving life issues with it:
- Building Relation
If you are learning Tarot or want to delve deeper into Tarot reading, this activity or technique will help you both relate to your cards as well as increase your connection spiritually. Once you receive your deck or buy it and start experimenting with the cards, every night put one card under the pillow and sleep on it. You can start with Major Arcana following the steps for 22 days and then 3 cards each from minor arcana for 18 to 19 days. Before putting the card(s) under the pillow, carefully watch the cards and ask them to give you a positive energy that you are lacking in life or in behavior. This way in a month and a half you will notice a striking difference in your connection with the cards.
- Understanding the surreal meditation
One of the most talked about and conducted meditations on Tarot Deck is ‘entering the Tarot card’ and understanding the surreal patterns while truly living the moment with the character or becoming one of the characters yourself. Here are a few steps to perform this meditation:
- Simply be seated in a room where you will not be disturbed for a while. You can add any element to your meditation like by dimming the light, lighting incense sticks, smudge sticks, light music or candles, whatever is readily available.
- Randomly pick a tarot card or one you wish to meditate on. If you are unable to relate to a specific card, try this meditation on that card, it might help you in reading that card easily. Bring the card out and channelize your breathing by breathing in and out deeply (do not breathe on the card.) Also, you can just simply be aware of your thoughts before you are conducting the meditation.
- After your body is relaxed (might take a few minutes to come to a relaxed state) simply bring the card in front of you and observe the card.
- Focusing on the card, try and again reflect on your thoughts. Your thoughts might be saying something to you, witness that.
- As you proceed, simply imagine the card is becoming bigger and bigger & the boundaries merge the Tarot card’s boundary with the wall or background behind with it. Now, it becomes a window to go inside the card. As you enter the scene in the card imagine yourself related to the card, either you are in the scene or you are the protagonist in the setting.
- Watch everything carefully and study the small things. For example, if you are in lovers cards, witness the angel above, the snake, the fire, the green ground, walk towards the mountain behind.
- You can become one of the archetypes in the card and try to think like him or her. Pretend you are there and eat what is edible, smell, feel the texture etc.
- Once you have experienced it all, gently remind yourself of the present moment, awaken and come back to the room you are meditating in.
- You can maintain a diary for this as well. Journalize every action, feeling or emotion you remember.
- Overcoming personal issue meditation
Tarot cards hold great power energetically and that is the reason many people use to harness specific energies in their lives. If one of the spheres in your life is not showing positive results to you or you are out of sync in any aspect of your life, use the Tarot to bring those energies in your life. Simply conduct the above-mentioned technique with the related card and the energies would enter in your being. Here are few cards with their respective areas:
- Lovers or two of cups- Love
- Empress – Fertility troubles
- High priestess – spirituality or religious troubles
- Star- Health or help
- Chariot – for movement
- Sun card- to relive depression
- Moon – grow psychic powers
- Fool- to help in new beginnings
- Devil- to overcome addiction
- World- to attract a sense of fulfillment in your life
- Sun – to receive strength and spiritual meaning to your life
You could also use to cards to add certain quality in your nature or behavior by mediating on it.
Learn the way mystic ways of Tarot cards and how it can add mysticism to your life.