many of us have left our home town
and moved to big cities for education as well as for better career opportunities.
it is easy to get a better job in the cities and more opportunities are available.
moreover, it is also possible to change the job every 2 years and get a batter salary!!!
but this so-called good life of cities comes at a price which we normally don’t realize
or many of us simply choose to ignore
as city life is paying us good money
and offering many facilities which are not normally possible in small towns or cities.
lets explore some harsh realities of city life:
1. most of the time we are breathing the polluted air.
2. we spent lot of time in traffic jams or in travelling from our home to office in slow moving traffic.
3. the personal space have decreased a lot in office as well as at home.
most of city people live in flats and are deprived of the joy of having a personal garden.
and for these small flats we have to pay big amount of money as the property prices are high.
4. if you are also staying in a multistory apartment
then i guess, there is hardly any interaction or friendship with neighbours
unlike the small town or village where you know everyone
and every person of the village participates in your joy or sorrow.
5. there is no real friendship in office
because every colleague is a potential competitor in salary appraisal
and few people also try to outsmart you in getting a pay hike or promotion.
6. most of city people are living an ambitious and hurried life
because the general vibe in cities is so tense and ambitious
that it makes an impact on every person who is staying in the city.
7. there is hardly any relax moment in life
because all the time there is some target in our mind which needs to be achieved.
it is so, because to afford city life, you need good amount of money as everything is more expensive.
so what is the solution:
1. develop a hobby which nourishes you and makes you calm and relax
it could be painting, singing, dancing, gardening or any other creative activity
you can invest time in learning a musical instrument
or you can learn meditation to relax your mind
2. make sure that you spend quality time with your family
play with your kids… stay in touch with your school and college friends.
3. don’t neglect your health…
go for morning walks to a nearby garden, eat well and have proper sleep
give more importance to your family and to your own well being
than to become too much successful in life.
earn money which is needed for living a good life.
don’t be too much greedy or ambitious.
4. stay in touch with your roots… don’t get lost in this city culture.
always listen to your inner voice/soul and ignore the greedy mind
mind can never have enough and will always be greedy for something more
5. stay connected to mother earth
go often for retreats in natural places where you see pure nature
like beaches, rivers, waterfalls, forest and bird sanctuaries
see the greenery all around you, birds, sunrise, sunset and enjoy the rains
6. if possible, then its better to stay in small town with lesser salary
but with more peace of mind.
7. plan your retirement well… which means don’t plan to retire at 58
but plan your life in such a way that you take your retirement at 38.