not getting the creative idea when we want it the most is a common problem. it happens with all of us. we want a creative idea to complete our project but mind is totally blank and there is no solution in sight. what to do in this situation?
accept the fact that your creative energies are not flowing. you cannot be creative all the time. creativity cannot be forced. but there are few things which you can do to trigger the spark of creativity in you.
8 ways to ignite the fire of creativity:
1. let go and relax – when you try too hard to create, then sometimes it has an opposite effect. trying too hard just kills your creativity. if your creative juices are not flowing then its better to relax and let go of the idea. just relax your body-mind and wait for the right moment. you cannot force creativity but you can relax totally. when you are totally relaxed then suddenly you might get creative ideas from no where. did i mention that most people get their creative ideas when they are not thinking about them. e.g. taking a shower or driving a car or going for a morning walk.
2. meditation – there are many benefits of doing meditation. creativity is one of them. meditation makes you creative as it connects you with your source. it expands your horizon and you become open to out of box ideas. so do spend some time daily in meditation.
3. spend time in nature – when you are in nature then you are away from the hustle and bustle of city life. it is easier to relax in nature. just see and admire the creativity of god and it might trigger something within you. remember, god is the ultimate creator. if you want to be creative then spend time in nature as often as you can.
4. learn from small children – since they have just arrived from the house of god, they carry the spark of creativity in their heart. see how small children are creative in their task. they enjoy the moment fully. they are total in their task, no matter how small or big it is. they always give their 100%. so spend some time with the most creative people of the world that is with small children. you can learn many things from them.
5. listen to your inner voice – your gut feeling will always lead you to the right path. the path may be unknown to you but still trust the voice. because your mind is not connected to the universal intelligence but your inner voice is. so always give more importance to inner voice than to the mind in matter of creativity.
6. give more importance of creativity than efficiency – the very idea of efficiency is against the spirit of creativity. if you want to be creative then give more importance to creativity than to completing the task in time.
7. don’t look for praise or fame or for achievements – do you work because you enjoy it. don’t do it just because you want to achieve something. creative people enjoy their work. creativity happens when your ego is not there. creativity happens when you give your 100% to the task. so be total in your work and enjoy it. forget about the result. just focus on giving your 100%.
8. take a break – it always helps to give rest to your body-mind so that they can rest and recharge themselves. so take breaks often. remember, even nature goes for rest in the night. thats why its able to create early morning beauty. so always give rest to your body and mind. if no creative idea is coming then consider taking a short break. you can go for a tea break or sleep for 30 minutes or practice yoga nidra or go for a walk in nature.
creativity happens when you are connected with the ultimate source of creativity that is god. so be in touch with your god.