Helping man to access the infinite, ShivYog is yet another branch of limitless yoga, which has been brought to light by many, including the famous yogis like Avdhoot Baba Shivanand ji. This form does not refer to only the harbinger of yoga Lord Shiva, rather it teaches its practitioner a way to unlock the Shiva within and increases their chances to assimilate with the divine. I encountered ShivYog in the Yoga festival I recently attended in Rishikesh and to my surprise I witnessed increased energy levels, power, intuition, vibration, connection to myself and enhanced self-confidence. The connect I felt after doing the kriyas under this art form cannot be put in words, the only thing I can say that can define my experience in one line is that I was Shiva, I was Durga, I was the Universe.
As per a Shivyog.com, Shivyog is “Etymologically, understood, Shiv means infinite and Yog means union. So ShivYog implies union with the infinite.” Clearing our frame through which we see the world, ShivYog removes all the prejudices and allows the practitioner to see the world with an undiluted vision. Let us understand what is ShivYog and its benefits in detail.
What is ShivYog?
Encouraging the practitioner to experience transformation in the facets of his/her life, the goal of ShivYog is to enable the practitioner to experience true bliss without the need of renunciation or celibacy. ShivYog professes its affinity to lead a domestic life just like karma yoga, because if we are delivered to it, it is our primary duty to perform the household duties as a part of our karma. The only precondition to ShivYog is to experience everything without attachment like for instance, take part in the materialistic pleasures but not get carried away with them. This way we are doing two tasks: One performing our karma and second dissolving the remaining karma to progress towards Moksha or liberation. To perform renunciation in the caves is easier than performing it in the middle of the circus, where the vices like pride, temptation, ego etc. are waiting to attack.
ShivYog with the help of the guru cleanses and detoxify the practitioner with yoga poses, meditation, kriyas and pranayama. This allows the practitioner to remove all the barriers in his way and reach the ultimate goal of universal assimilation. This art form is the key to becoming whole and winning the battle called life.
What are the Benefits of ShivYog?
As mentioned earlier, ShivYog is aimed at transforming all the areas of the life of the practitioner, let us see the benefits of the practice in different areas of our lives:
- The scared kriyas and practice of ShivYog helps channel and transfer energy through all the twelve houses of the astrological charts. This leads in removing obstacles faced due to the negative impact of planetary movements. Also, according to the Hindu belief system, we face different form of doshas or curses like Pitra Dosh, Kal Sarpa Dosh, Sade Sati etc. The practice of Shivyog removes or lessens the impact of such curses found in the patri or natal charts.
- Yet another key benefit of ShivYog, which makes it popular among lakhs of people is the impact it has on the pitras. It allows them to help the souls of their ancestors to progress to higher realms or dimensions of after life. This brings the blessings of the progressing ancestor souls & removes problems in personal or professional life.
- The practice also removes the negativity surrounding the practitioner with the negative thoughts of leakages in the aura. This makes the practitioner add positivity to his/her life and reach his/her desires & wishes quickly. Also, people have reported an experience healthier relationships and progressive professional life.
- The practitioner enjoys a balanced aura & chakra system along with symptoms of Kundalini Awakening. Although to achieve Kundalini awakening is a very later stage still the path to it is laid down with the practice of powerful ShivYog.
- Yet another benefit of ShivYog is the removal of fear and phobias in the life of the practitioner by adding layers of protection around him/her. The practice enlightens the entire body and removes all the darkness of the mind adding to the strength & vigor of the practitioner. This leads to increased self confidence, emotional stability, higher will power and ability to take on all the challenges of life.
- With the help of powerful kriyas, breath work and postures, a lot of trapped emotions & traumas are released. With a lighter body, the practitioner is filled with new energy as the restart button is activated & everything is detoxified. This reduces aggression, depression, anxiety & stress and it increases the memory power, focus, creativity & intuition.
- Helping the practitioners progress spiritually in their journey, the advanced benefits of ShivYog include, deeper connection one’s inner being, peaceful demeanor, speedy movement towards spiritual movement, enhanced compatible attitude, ability to forgive others, open heart chakra, self realization & ability to love without any expectations.
- Other physical benefits include balanced blood pressure, increased flexibility of the entire body, strong abdomen as well as back muscles and enhanced immune system. Women experience ease in mensuration cycles, slower aging process and balanced hormonal levels.
Apart from these benefits ShivYog offers many other advantages in different spheres of life. I recommend practicing it by joining different workshops held around the world. It is a life transforming art form.