The science of life and wellness, Ayurveda tips has been directing us from the reserves of darkness by guiding us time and again to do help us do our best in seasons, ailments & while dealing with different personalities. Whether it is detoxification or a seasonal cleanse, this 5,000 years old science still claims to offer right answers to all the questions related to physical, ethereal and mental body. It is astounding how our ancestors had the correct wisdom on various levels of awareness and we from the modern age who are bestowed with progressive thinking & are technically advanced, need to go back to their (ancestors) energies & retrieve information from the archives of the so called confined, unexposed, stone age generation.
Here are top Ayurveda tips that will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, boosted energy levels and a refined mind.
Top Ayurveda tip
- One of the most professed ways to de-stress yourself and enjoy a deep state of relaxation is to ‘meditate’. Of course we have heard about this many-a-times but Ayurveda asks you to just take out a minute for Sadhana (meditation). Just be seated wherever you are and with an intention to de-clutter your mind, close your eyes and go inwards. This is as simple as a command. Just tell your mind to go inwards while you focus on your breathing and you will be there. I do this a plenty of times in a day to regain my own energies and ward off any outside energies on me. Before writing this paragraph, I tuned into my mental faculty for just a minute and I already feel more centered, calm and focused
- As the season changes we should opt for a seasonal cleanse because every changing season leads to deeper changes in the internal level of the body. For example, winter season is the Vata dosha Season, the dry, cold, erratic and unpredictable. Therefore, when we shift from summers (Pitta dosha) to winters, it is suggested to take out all the excess heat from your body to help you become ready for the seasonal change.
- Avoid processed food or the canned ones, as they contain ama or toxins in high quantity. Prepare something for yourself even though it is not a big meal. Anything with fresh vegetables without preservatives and toxins can help you gear up for the day with higher energy levels and better health.
- Eat Triphla, an easy to do recipe, everyday. Triphala is a potent powder made with equal quantities of powdered amlaki (gooseberry), baheda (bastard myrobalan) , harad (chebulic myrobalan). You can consume it with luke warm water every night before going to sleep or first thing with milk in the morning. The unlimited benefits of Triphala like boosting energy, cleansing the digestive tract, relieving from constipation, increasing luster in the skin etc. can give you far reaching benefits.
- Applying oil to the body once a week and leaving it for an hour or so to thoroughly integrate in the body by seeping in the skin, is one of the good ways suggested in Ayurveda to maintain healthy & a glowing skin, healthy joints and also hydrated body.
- Sipping water after every few minutes, little by little can help the doer in losing weight, adding glow to the skin and maintaining beautiful, long, lustrous hair, healthy nails etc. Also, sitting down to drink water is yet another technique to avoid knee pain or other joint problems.
- Ayurveda suggests that the body is most active from sunrise to 12 pm. As we are designed in sync with the nature, consequently as the sun rises our vital energy starts rising and we are most productive before the noon strikes. Try to rise with the rising the sun and incorporate all of your days work during this time to gain most out of your day.
- Ayurveda suggests using some spices or herbs in our food everyday to maintain a balanced health, good digestive system and energy in the body. Astofodia or hing, cumin or jeera, kennel or sauf, cardamom or eliachi, ginger or adark, turmeric or haldi, black pepper or kali mirch are few of the spices and herbs to be added to your food. While some have the heating agents others have the ability to keep the body functioning in the best possible manner.
- When you are low on energy or are suffering from anemia, iron deficiencies instead to gulping down iron supplements, Ayurveda recommends us to consume khajur or dates, munakka or prunes by boiling them in the milk and having them first thing in the morning.
- One of the ways to detoxify the body and loose weight is to do the water therapy in the morning. As you wake up, drink 1 .5 liters of water everyday for 21 days to completely cleanse the system of all ama or toxins, blocked intestines, BP, acidity etc. This might be difficult initially but as you progress you will be able to drink 6 glasses of water. Also, ensure you are not consuming anything for one hour after that.
These 10 tips of Ayurveda will help you overcome many major or everyday ailments along with maintaining a sense of lightness in the body, positive mind and a balanced approach towards life.