its a good practice to visit temples regularly because in kaliyug the whole focus of society is towards enjoying life. making money and having a good time is the trend nowadays.
money is important to sustain the living, food is important to nourish the body, similarly spiritual current in life is important to nourish the soul. so its essential that you make spirituality a part of your everyday living. one can take the name of god in the house everyday and try to visit the nearby temples as well as charged powerful temples as often as possible.
why you should visit temples regularly:
1. if the temple is properly constructed and the vedic procedure of praan pratisha (infusing life into the statue of god) is correctly done then the deity is invoked in the temple. this makes it easier for the sadhak to connect with the deity in the temple than in the home.
2. many people worship and pray to the deity in the temple. so sometimes, in ordinary temples also the deity gets invoked. so all the prayers and chanting done in the temple helps everybody. its like a group energy invoking the blessings of deity.
3. most famous temples are made on charged energy spots. either because earth magnetic lines were crossing at that place or some siddha or mystic has meditated there. or there is ancient puranic legend associated with that place. so when you visit these charged energy spots then you absorb lot of positive and spiritual energy. which is good for your physical, mental and spiritual well being. it also harmonizes the aura.
4. there are many other charged elements in the temple. like camphor, dhoop etc are regularly burnt. ringing of bells also clears the negative energy in the ether. holy water given to devotees is also charged with special preparation. continuous chanting of mantra and aarti also purify the ether. so it all helps in building a spiritual energy in the temple and helps the devotee.
5. there is a science behind making temple layout. which makes the temple very powerful. the temple architecture not only invokes high energy state but also is designed to store it. e.g. marble is suggested to be used in temples because marble has the property of absorbing spiritual energy and storing it for thousands of years. so if in a temple, someone has prayed before then it will help all others who will pray there in future. if there is a samadhi of mystic in the temple then from the samadhi the spiritual vibrations will be released for thousands of years.
6. when you try to meditate at home then all sort of energy vibrations and thoughts are present. but when you go temple then energy and thoughts are very much focused on the deity. so it is easier to remember the deity and invoked its blessings in the temple.
7. many negative karmas are cut by visiting the holy places. all religions have given importance to visit holy places.