facebook is one of the most popular social networking site. have you wondered why? is networking with friends, the only reason we log on to facebook.
if people from all over the world are liking facebook then there must be something bigger which is attracting so many people. lets find out whats the psychological secret of our attraction towards facebook.
8 reasons what attracts you to facebook:
1. mind is always curious – it always wants to know what is happening in your friends life and all around the world. facebook is like a virtual world and you can travel the world via images and updates. you can read news and about events from all over the world. people love to share photos and updates about their life in facebook. you can check profile of strangers also. so facebook has much to offer to a curious mind.
2. mind loves facebook updates – mind always like changes. it get bored with repetition. facebook wall is continuously updated with latest stories. so the curious mind who wants to know the latest change is very much attracted towards facebook. basically, the nature of mind is such that it can never sit still. its like a monkey which cannot sit on a branch even for few minutes. so the moment you are not doing anything then you feel like doing something and facebook is a good way to check whats new.
3. fame and attention – many people like attention. in normal life you may not get such an easy chance to attract attention than in facebook. people put photos of their travel, life events or any thing on their wall to gain attention. its a good way to become a mini-celebrity.
4. networking with friends – you can easily get in touch with your old friends staying all over the world. many people have reconnected with their school or childhood friends via facebook. its a great service by facebook to connect people. you stay updated with your friends.
5. feel good factor – whenever you like or share any good message then immediately you feel good that you have brought some change in the world. our heart always wants to make a positive difference in the world.
6. time pass – there are many opportunity to pass your time in facebook. surfing your friends profile, playing games, chatting with friends or participating in a discussion. facebook is heaven for someone who wants to pass time.
7. everyone is using facebook – society plays an important role in our thinking. if everyone is doing something then it means it is the right thing to do and we should also do it. since most of our friends are using facebook then we should also use it. no one wants to be left out of the fun.
8. habit – over a period of time it becomes habit to log into facebook. once the habit is formed then it is difficult to change them.