most people either have inferiority complex or superiority complex. either they underestimate themselves and suffer from inferiority complex or they over estimate themselves and have superiority complex. most people life fluctuate in these two categories. before i give further gyan (knowledge), i must confess that i also face these emotions !!!
its very rare to find someone who does not have any complex and who is a perfectly normal person. a buddha or an enlightened person is a perfectly normal person because he has accepted himself as he is. he does not try to change himself. he lives in peace with himself. he does not compare himself with others. because he is happy the way god has made him.
so unless we accept ourself totally in all our imperfections till then we all are going to suffer some amount of inferiority complex or superiority complex everyday. its happens with all of us and there is no exception to it, except the buddha being.
so how to deal with inferiority complex:
1. don’t compare – when you compare yourself with others then you will always find people who are better than you or who are doing worse than you. this comparison leads to division and create inferiority complex or superiority complex inside you. e.g. if you compare yourself with people who are doing better than you then you will have inferiority complex. so avoid the comparison.
remember, everybody situation is different and we all are unique. you cannot be good in all things. in some things you will be good and in some things you will be average and in something you will be a loser and that is the case with everybody. e.g. someone who devotes his whole life to make money might become rich in the end but he will have to sacrifice many things for it like spending time with family or friends. so nobody can have everything. accept the situation totally wherever you are. you are in that situation because somewhere in the past (or in past lives) you have made choices which have led you to this present situation. so don’t compare with anyone. instead take responsibility of your present situation and life.
2. accept yourself as you are – whosoever you are, remember you are a special and unique creation of god. there is a purpose behind your creation. the ultimate creator (god) has given you the best. if you feel something is wrong with you then indirectly you are saying that there is something wrong in god’s creation. it cannot be. think about it and find a purpose in your life. do things which gives your inner peace, joy and are in tune with your energies. listen to your inner voice as it will always guide you towards the higher things of life and in completing the purpose of this human birth.
3. love yourself – self love is the best solution to heal your inner wounds. don’t judge yourself and don’t judge others also. drop the judgement. accept yourself totally and love yourself as you are and love others also as they are. self acceptance and self love are two keys to a normal and happy living as well as to a happy being.
4. grow within spirituality – instead of changing your body or mind to become a better person in the eyes of others. transform yourself internally to have a good heart and a higher consciousness. grow within. it will give you lasting peace, happiness and self acceptance.
5. witness the emotions – when you have these feelings then you can become a witness to them. it is very difficult to witness emotions unless you know the art of meditation. but it is one of the way to understand how your emotions fool you and make you suffer at times. witnessing will help you to transcend the emotions of inferiority complex and superiority complex.
remember, no matter how much you rise in social status or in any field, these emotions of inferiority complex and superiority complex can always trouble you. the solution does not lie outward but inward. don’t waste time in changing yourself but put energy in accepting yourself. becoming one with your energy. don’t have conflicts inside you. don’t pretend to be somebody else. be as you are from within. be in tune with your inner energies. bring harmony inside you and you will be at peace.