its important to create meditation space in your home as it helps in going deep in meditation. when you practice meditation regularly in your room or in the same place, then your room starts vibrating with the meditative energy and gets charged. a charged meditative space helps you to go deeper in meditation. it is easier to be meditative in such places than other places which are charged with worldly energies.
every time you practice mediation in charged meditative place, you make the area more charged, silent and peaceful. so it is very important for beginners to create meditation space in their house.
how to create a meditation space in your home:
1. choose a special meditation space in your home. it could be a room dedicated only for meditation or any corner of your room marked only for doing meditation. once you decide a place for doing meditation, then use that space only for doing meditation. it will also be helpful if you practice meditation at the same time every day. because your body clock will also start matching this meditation time over a period of time.
2. i repeat, once you choose a room (preferably) or a corner for meditation then be strict about it and don’t use it for any other purpose. only in case of an emergency you should use meditation space for any other activity.
3. whenever you come from outside (market place) then don’t use your meditation room without cleaning yourself. take a bath and wear fresh clothes and then meditate in your chosen meditation space. this will help to maintain the sanctity of the place.
5. strictly avoid making or eating non-veg food in the house. also avoid alcohol. meditator should choose vegetarian diet. they should be non-violent physically, verbally and even in their thoughts.
6. choose the room which has good flow of air and also gets direct sunlight. better to meditate on ground then on bed. connection with mother earth is good as it grounds you. so place a mat on floor and then meditate.
7. as you meditate more, the place will get more and more charged with the meditation energy. be regular and sincere in your meditation. each meditation session builds up more meditative energy in the room.
8. you can also place the statue of buddha or photograph of your spiritual guru in your meditation room. the guru photograph or statue will not only inspire you in pursuing your sadhana. but it will also help you to connect with them. photos of spiritual masters direct our consciousness to higher side of life.
9. burning incense regularly in the meditation room is important. as you attract deities or etheral beings which often help you in your spiritual sadhana. etheral beings eat by smell and sight. by etheral beings, i mean spirit guide, angels, deities… i burn camphor, lobhan, dhoop or agarbati. the incense also creates sacred environment in the house.
10. meditation music also helps in creating soothing environment and helps in going deep in meditation. so you can play a soothing or relaxing or any music which supports meditation. music also helps to drop the seriousness as many time meditators become serious. one need to be sincere in meditation and not become serious about it. stay light hearted and joyful.
11. ideally the meditation room should be empty and should not be too much cluttered with things. outside emptiness helps to create inner emptiness. keep things in your room in an orderly way and you will have more clarity.
12. if you have friends who are also doing the same meditation technique as you are practicing then group meditation in your space will also be helpful. group meditation is more powerful.
13. many people also place other charged spiritual items or crystals in their meditation room. e.g. you can also wear rudraksha or spray aura soma in your room.
14. keep the room clean. don’t bring your shoes inside the room. if possible then plant trees near your house or keep potted plants.
meditative energy is very delicate and fragile. its important for a beginner to preserve this meditative energy. it takes time to build meditation space but very easy to lose it. so give meditation the top priority in your life and then only you will be able to succeed in it.