we all hate waiting. specially when it happens at public transport systems like airport, railway stations or bus stands.
there is so much chaos, noise, hurried energy and multitude of people that it will make anybody crazy. on top of it, every few minute there will be a loud public announcement about next flight for departure. most people who love to travel hate this waiting time.
but you can use this time wisely. instead of just waiting and getting tired, you can do something constructive with this time. something which can add value to your life.
8 useful things you can do while waiting at airport:
1. relax and let go – don’t you think we all are obsessed with doing something or achieving some goal all the time. do we give rest to our mind at all. why not use this time to just forget about the whole world and relax. so try relaxing your body-mind. for a while let go of all your goals and ambitions. see how much free and unburdened it makes you.
2. meditation – one of the best way you can give rest to your mind is sleep and meditation. you can practice meditations like watching your breath or witnessing your thoughts. no one will come to know that you are silently practicing meditation. it will bring clarity, relaxation and intelligence in your life.
3. connecting with god – many spiritual people use this time to do mantra chanting or to recite their holy book. mantras like Om are good way to relax and bring harmony inside you.
4. prayer – the world needs more positive energy today than anytime in the past. pray for the well being of your loved ones and for the world. send positive, healing and loving vibes to the whole world. remember, what you give comes back to you thousand times.
5. reading a good book – no one to distract you. ideal time to start reading a useful book and learn something. you can read any motivational book or about any hobby or a spiritual practice which you want to inculcate in your life.
6. reflecting on your past and planning your future – before making plans to achieve future goals, one should always reflect. look back and analyze your life. is this what you had decided for yourself? was doing so much hard work for many years worth it? so think again about your life plans carefully. you can also think about how to revive your old hobby or to start something new in life.
7. remembering your loved ones – how often do you remember your parents or friends staying away from you. good time to speak with them on phone or writing a short message in social media or emailing them or just remember them lovingly and send your loving energy to them.
8. replying to your emails – last but not the least, good way to pass this free time by doing some office work. you have ample time to think and reply in detail.