as people are becoming health conscious they are opting for organic food. healthy living is in fashion today. many people are avoiding fast food and choosing fresh fruits, veggies and cereals in their diet.
if you also want to eat healthy food and live a healthy life then consider introducing organic food to your family.
why you should eat organic food:
1. its healthy for your body. as pesticides and chemical are not used in producing organic food.
2. peace of mind knowing well that the food you are eating is good for your body and for your family. eat healthy, live healthy.
3. organic vegetables and fruits are more tastier. taste wise organic food easily beat the non-organic food.
4. organic farming does not pollute the environment and river bodies. so its environment friendly and does not pollute the water. availability of fresh water is a major issue in many countries. water crisis is going to increase in coming years as population of world is increasing at a fast pace.
5. best for sustaining farming as it does not spoil the health of soil. it also protects the soil erosion.
6. many organic companies work directly with farmers. so farmers get a good price as middlemen is not there.
why people don’t eat organic food:
1. its expensive. higher price is one of the main reason most people don’t buy organic food. organic food could be costlier than non-organic food by 20 to 40%. but in the long run organic food is cheaper as it saves the doctor and medical bills. plus you live a healthy and more productive life.
2. i have observed that sometimes the organic pulses takes little longer time to cook. one of the solution of this issue is to soak the pulses in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking them.
3. i have also observed that the shelf life of organic food is little less. thats because often preservatives are not added to the organic food. preservatives increases the shelf life of the food but at the same time it also makes the food less healthy. remember, longer the shelf life of food you eat, lesser is your life. always avoid freezing your food. because of lower shelf life organic food is more fresh. fresh food is always healthier and more tastier.
4. many people don’t believe that food marked as organic food is really produced using organic farming techniques. so in this case better to buy organic food from trusted brands.
5. organic food is not easily available at all places. in major cities of india, organic pulses, cereals, spices and flours are easily available. but organic vegetables and fruits are not so easily available as they get spoiled in few days time.
6. awareness about benefits of organic food and farming is catching up. not everyone is aware about the pros and cons of organic food.