electronic gadgets have become intrinsic part of your life. its difficult to visualize life without mobile phone, laptops, TV and social media.
we all use them often and at times become addictive to them. they add lot of comfort and entertainment in our life. but at what cost? the cost is the mental garbage and health hazard which they cause to our life.
its good to use electronics when they are needed. but one should not become dependent or addicted to them. always be the master of your life. so use the gadgets when they are absolutely needed and switch them off when they are not required.
you should always be in control of your life. if given a challenge then you should have the will power and control over yourself to stay away from social media or TV for a week or month. don’t become slaves to social media and don’t lose touch with real world.
how to minimize use of electronic gadgets:
1. the most important thing is to have a firm resolve that i will use the gadgets when they are actually needed. because when you are absolutely clear about achieving a goal then nothing can stop you. secondly, give more importance to efficiency in work and spending quality time with family than using the gadgets. because whenever you spend extra time in social media sites or over TV then your family and health suffers the most.
2. change your priorities. give more respect to your body needs and living a healthy lifestyle. set aside enough time for your family and real life friends. always listen to your inner voice. whenever you are wasting time or breaking a resolve then that subtle inner voice will always remind you once or twice. pay attention to your inner voice and gut feeling and you will never go wrong in life.
3. a friendship in real world has more warmth and authenticity than having friends in facebook. its nice to reconnect with old friends via facebook. but give more importance to making new friends in real life than talking with strangers in facebook. at the end, you will never come to know about a person unless you meet him face to face.
4. updates from social media adds lot of clutter and data in your head. at time the updates lead to jealousy, comparison and low morale. so add only those people in your friend list whom you know or people who add value to your life. don’t entertain every friend request. lesser the friends, lesser will be the updates in your facebook wall.
5. watching too much TV or working on laptop is not good for eyes and health. if you are a IT professional then your eyes can not afford the luxury of working all day on laptop and then at night watching TV. be kind to your eyes and to your health. your eyes deserve some rest. expose yourself more to greenery, sunlight and breathing in fresh air. also consider trying meditation, pranayam or yoga. if you are in the habit of too much computer work then also include fruits and veggies which are rich in vitamin A like carrots and mangoes. also give preference to anti-glare screens.
6. inculcate some hobby like playing a musical instrument or gardening or dancing or yoga or meditation. many times people switch on the TV or internet because they don’t know what to do with their free time. they want to be entertained. so why not develop a hobby which enriches you and gives you joy. be creative with your energy. create something instead of reading about creation of other people in internet.
7. try to spend more time with your family than to surf social media sites. on weekends try to go for outings in nature like visiting parks, beaches, camping, temples or zoo. spend more time in nature to refresh your mind and aura. set aside 1-2 hour every day just for your family. once in a month take a complete break from gadgets and go out with your family or visit a friend. BAN the gadgets when you are having food with your family.
8. encourage your child to play outside than playing video games. it will build his body strength, increase his appetite for food and he will have make some real life friends.
9. avoid talking on phone when its charging or when its in low battery. few people are in the habit of talking for long duration in phone. try to keep the conversation short and precise. studies says that cordless phone is more harmful than mobile phone. best is to use land line phone than mobile phone.
10. don’t keep mobile phone next to your head when you are going to sleep. if its not required then you can consider switching off the mobile phone. also avoid watching TV, surfing internet or talking on phone before going to sleep. all this will lead to a good night sleep and you will get up refresh next day.
11. if your laptop is getting charged then don’t keep it directly on your lap. use a table or insert a pillow in between.
12. vibrations from mobile towers is not good for health. make sure your house is not close to mobile towers. give preference to a house in a area which is full of greenery. if space permits then plant some trees in your garden or plant herbs and flowers in your terrace.