i always remember the inspiring statement of john f. kennedy, the 35th president of USA. he said “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”.
this statement has a profound truth. because country is made from its people. if we all contribute our best to the country then the country will automatically prosper and will create good living conditions for its citizens.
10 good things you can do as a patriotic indian:
1. give up LPG subsidy – this will enable LPG gas to reach remote villages. women won’t have to burn wood to cook food. which is good for their health as well as for environment. as it will save forest and also prevent air pollution.
2. swatch bharat abhiyan – keep your surrounding clean. don’t throw waste on roads or in public space. use jute bags instead of plastic bags. go for recycle products. save your water bodies and cows from plastic waste. also keep your heart clean from malice and your mind clean from dirty thoughts. give respect to women, to elders and support the countrymen wherever possible. swatch bharat should be free from corruption and bribes as well. removing corruption from system is to clean india from within.
3. voting – exercise your right to vote and thus choose the right candidates for parliament. also speak up your mind on any discussion about india in your home, office or in social media. raise awareness about good initiatives of govt and what more could be done.
4. buy indian products – before you point this out, i agree with you that not all indian products are as good as western products. but whenever an indian product is giving competition to foreign brand in quality then consider buying it. secondly, if you have to buy a foreign product then consider buying the product of a friendly country like japan than of countries which are not friendly to us.
5. innovate – why can’t we have our own google and facebook? the question is wrong. we don’t need to copy them and create our own google and facebook. why can’t we create something better than google or facebook which is more original and unique. why can’t we be the first in innovation. why at times we just copy western ideas in technology. is it because we don’t take the lead or we don’t think creatively or we don’t trust our capabilities or we don’t want to take the risk?. its a big question which we all have to think together.
6. sight seeing in india – instead of going for tourism outside india, explore the magical india first. it is rich with architecture, forts, temples, beaches, food and culture. because of its richness india is loved by tourist from all over the world. this way you will save dollars from going out of india plus you will be giving work to fellow indians.
7. save electricity – use LED bulbs. close TV, laptops and electronic appliances wherever not needed. this will enable electricity to go to far off villages and also to industries. use the facilities wisely. we as a nation cannot afford wastage. remember we have already lost centuries under foreign rule.
8. plant a tree – keep your area green by planting trees on your birthday or on special occasions. you can also have a terrace garden. this will make your surrounding aesthetic and it is also good for your health too. trust me, this will increase the real estate value and demand of houses in your area as well. everybody wants to breathe pure and fresh air but very few people wants to plant trees.
9. don’t leave india – when you become rich or become highly qualified then don’t leave india. instead stay in india and create more jobs for fellow country people. there can be no better service to bharat mata than giving employment to your brothers and sisters.
10. rise above caste, religion and politics of personal gains – keep the country first and rest all second. if you do this then you will know what more you can do for your country. remember united we stand and divided we fall.