for beginners in meditation, it is important to learn the correct meditation posture. as the right meditation posture helps in going deep in meditation easily.
meditation is all about channelizing the energy to upper chakra’s consciously. if your meditation posture is correct then it helps in the easy flow of energy in your energy channels or nadi’s. so for a beginner the meditation posture is very important and it should not be neglected.
correct meditation posture for meditation:
1. best posture is to sit cross legged with eyes closed. it makes a circle of your energy and there is no leakage of energy. but for many western people or old people sitting cross legged is difficult, so they can sit in a chair but the backbone should be straight.
if possible, then go for cross legged meditation posture but if your body does not permit it then don’t force it on your body. because if all your attention is going in forcing the body then you won’t be able to lose body consciousness and won’t be able to go deep in meditation.
i prefer and suggest the posture which helps in staying alert and relax… a posture in which you can forget your body easily and yet be aware/alert. many people might say that then lying down posture is best… it is not because you can be most relaxed in lying down posture but you won’t be alert and you will fall asleep easily. this is because to stay alert, your head should be vertical and not in horizontal position.
2. eyes should be closed in meditation. you lose 80% of your energy from the eyes. even some amount of energy is lost with closed eyes also. that’s why yogi’s keep their eyes half closed and half open. in half open eyes least amount of energy is released. as you go very deep in meditation then your eyes will automatically be raised upwards and half closed.
3. mudra’s – there are many hand mudras which creates different energy flow in your body. you can select the mudra which suits best for meditation.
4. tying a cloth on the head also helps a lot in conserving the energy. because your aura is maximum around the head or in the sex center. as you meditate, your energy goes up and it helps to save this energy by tying a cloth.
5. don’t sit directly on the floor. sit on top of a blanket or a meditation cushion.
6. practicing meditation by sitting under big tree also helps. it also helps to practice meditation in natural places or in open rather than close rooms.
7. if you want to make a special meditation room or space in your home then prefer to use marbles. as marble absorb the energy well. meditation in a pyramid is also easier and some meditators are making pyramid in their house.
1. use of above methods will help not only in preserving the energy but also in easier flow of energy in your bodies.
2. an advanced meditator can be aware of his thoughts, feelings or actions even in a market place.