your body is your best friend. body always supports you. it is like a silent friend who is helping you in every possible way.
the body ask for your attention when it is absolutely needed. it never troubles you unnecessarily. it hankers for your attention only when some body part is in trouble and need more energy to heal itself.
the criteria a of healthy body is that you won’t feel it and it will not attract your attention. e.g. you remember about your head when there is a headache. if your attention is attracted towards any body part then it means it needs your attention and care. so whenever you feel pain in body then that body part needs to be healed and should not be ignored.
the body pain can be healed by various ways and meditation is one of them. if you are very good in meditation then 80 to 90% of ailments can be cured by it. lets check the meditation technique to cure minor body pain which happens to all of us at times.
how to deal with body pain with meditation:
1. choose a place or room where there is least disturbance or distraction. sit cross legged or in comfortable position. close your eyes. this is done so that you can focus your total attention to the body pain.
2. now bring all your attention to the body part in pain. witness it silently. your attitude should not be of curing the pain but of just watching the pain silently, as a passive watcher witness the pain. if you try to cure the pain with your energy then you are putting effort, avoid it. just be a passive watcher. just observe the pain sensation. also witness the thoughts or emotion coming in your mind. after watching the thoughts, bring back your attention back to the body part in pain.
3. as you witness your pain, it will increase. this is because you are becoming more conscious of the pain. remember when you are totally unconsciousness then you don’t come to know even if you are operated. so naturally as you become more conscious of your pain, it will increase. so don’t worry about it.
4. after some time as you keep on witnessing, the pain will become more localized. you will come to know the center of the pain, the point from where it is originating. its a sign that you are doing well in watching the pain. just continue to watch the pain without trying to do anything about it. meditation is passive witnessing. so just keep on watching the pain passively.
5. if you keep on witnessing the pain then after some time it will start reducing from its peak and will disappear after some minutes. this is because you have transformed the pain energy with the help of meditation. so never suppress your emotions or pain in the body. bring them to your attention and witness them to transform their energy.
also check – how to deal with body pain and distractions during meditation
i have tried this meditation method many times and it works perfectly for minor pains. for major pains, you will have to do many sittings. however, i would also suggest you to find the cause of this pain and remove it from the source so that it does not reoccur. e.g. it could be incorrect lifestyle or incorrect body posture and so on.