vastu shastra is the ancient vedic science related with architecture and design of homes and buildings. its best to use vastu while purchasing new property or plot. if you make the building from scratch then you can use the science of vastu to its best.
however, nowadays in cities we are short of space. so most of the time, its not possible to follow all rules of vastu shastra. so its best to use vastu rules which are applicable and practically possible in your home. remember, 99% of times, no flat can be 100% vastu compliant. so don’t be so much serious about having a vastu compliant home. as said before use vastu shastra wherever practically possible.
here i am sharing few vastu tips which i feel are easy to implement and remember.
15 vastu shastra tips for home:
1. all rooms should be square or rectangular in shape. avoid making or buying flat having irregular shaped rooms like l-shaped rooms. for rectangular homes the length should not be more than twice of breadth.
2. ideally the house should have good ventilation of air. always choose a house which has good circulation of air and ample sunlight. the dark and dingy rooms look depress, stagnant and become store house of negativity. do not keep any part of the house locked or unused.
3. do not plant thorny plants or cactus in the house. exception to this rule is rose. its best to grow tulsi (holy basil) in front of the house. however you can also plant flowers to increase positive and cheerful energy.
4. do not hang any pictures or paintings in the house which attracts or reminds you of negativity. like paintings of war, crime, sadness, pain or difficult time. its best to hang cheerful and positive paintings in the home. or you can have paintings of religious gurus or gods.
5. keep your house in order and cluttered free. clutter in home not only blocks the flow of energy but also creates confusion in mind. the house should be spacious, clean and aesthetic. you can have a look at this post on how to remove clutter from home. it is also advisable to arrange furniture so that people can move freely and comfortably. never create obstruction in the free flow of energy.
6. never keep any broken mirror in the house. no doors or windows should be making creaking noise in the house. there should not be any leaking taps in the house. always keep your doors and windows clean.
7. never sit, work or sleep under the beam. if you sleep under a beam then your sleep will not be deep and restful.
8. while sleeping, its best to keep your head in south direction. always avoid placing your head in north direction. do not keep electronic products like TV or computer in your bedroom.
9. while mopping the floor, you can add some sea salt in the water. as sea salt has the property of removing negativity from the house.
10. do not keep water and fire next to each other in kitchen. avoid making toilets or bathrooms next to or above or below kitchen.
11. students should study facing north or east. there should be open space in sight so that you can think clearly and it will also attract new ideas. keep the study room and table uncluttered. study room should not below toilet or beam.
12. do not construct pooja room close to or next to toilet. avoid making them below or above the toilet also. because pooja room is the place of satvic energy.
13. use bed made of wood. avoid using wrought iron bed. also make sure there is no clutter below the bed. for double bed always use one big mattress instead of two single mattress. avoid having mirrors in front of bed or next to it.
14. never move into unfinished house. always do the pooja or house warming ceremony before moving into the house.
15. the main door of the house should always open inwards. avoid any kind of obstruction to main door like furniture or plants or vehicles.